Ice Station Valencia is the proud home of the Western States Hockey League Junior A Tier III Valencia Flyers. The Flyers compete in The WSHL’s Pacific Division along with teams from San Diego, San Francisco, Long Beach and Ontario. The WSHL is comprised of 22 teams stretching from Seattle WA to Tulsa, OK. The league is made up with players aged 16-20 from all over the world looking to advance their hockey careers to the NCAA level
All Flyers home games are here at Ice Station Valencia and are typically played on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Join us for the fast paced hard hitting action of Junior Hockey at its finest. For more information, a complete schedule, statistics, and player bios please visit valenciaflyers.net.
The Flyers are coached by former professional player Jocelyn Langlois. Below is a recap of Coach Langlois’ bio and philosophies.
“I coach because I love the game. I focus on ways to bring my players to a new level of hockey by teaching them to utilize their own talent and to achieve a higher expectation of themselves. I have an organized, systematic style and understand the role of every player on the team. The goal I set for my team is to be known as the hardest working and most intense team in the league. I am a patient and skilled teacher and I hope to bring a very positive and fast paced approach to the game. By coaching and teaching hockey, I can aid in the building of character and teach lifelong lessons. My playing experience was enhanced by great coaching and this has given me the ability to relate to my players and parents as well as teach at a high level. I hope to share the knowledge I have gained from the amazing coaches that I have encountered”.
Key aspects of my coaching philosophy are:
- Staying Positive
- Having a good work ethic (practices and games)
- Having fun
- Playing within your limits
- Being a team player
- Following the system
- Using speed and puck movement
- Control the things that we can:
- Discipline - no "reaction" or retaliation to penalties, control your temper.
- Intensity- Always be first on the puck.
- Preparation - Mentally and physically
- Commitment to each other -The team comes first.
- Focus - we have a goal(s) in mind and we need to focus on that throughout the year
10 Years of Pro Ice Hockey:
- 3 Years in Europe Division I (France & Germany)
- 2 Years in ECHL (Jacksonville Lizard Kings & Birmingham Bulls)
- 4 Years in CHL (Macon Whoopee) - 2 Years All-Star Team
- 1 Year in UHL (Rockford Ice Hogs)
4 Years of Pro Roller Hockey:
- 1999: St-Louis Vipers - IHL Champion
- 1998: Orlando Surge - Runner up
- 1997: Ottawa Wheels
- 1996: Orlando Jackals
4 Years in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League: QMJHL
1989-1990: Midget 16AAA Air Canada Cup Champion